Equal Voice is seeking to fill a full time, temporary roles, funded by Canada Summer Jobs.
- Digital Content Creator
Start Date: TBD
Length: 10 weeks
Compensation: $20 per hour, 35 hours per week.
Preference will be given to candidates located in Ottawa, as Equal Voice is operating on a hybrid model (two days a week in the office).
Who we are:
Equal Voice is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada.
With an Ottawa-based staff of eight, supported by Equal Voice’s nationwide network of volunteers, Equal Voice is an innovative and nimble organization. We have a team-based structure where everyone plays a crucial and influential role. Everyday is different and there are tremendous opportunities for growth. Multi-partisanship is at the core of our work and Equal Voice brings together people from all of Canada’s political parties, united in the common goal of increasing women’s representation in politics.
Digital Content Creator Duties and Responsibilities:
The Video and Digital Content Developer will work closely with the Communications team;
- Create clips from interviews to be shared on our different platforms
- Create reels and original visuals to make the videos appealing
- Support with the interview process by preparing questions, brainstorming ideas and more
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Must be between 15 and 30 years old (CSJ requirements)
- Clear commitment to EV’s mandate of working with all political parties to elect more women to all levels of government
- Experience producing video and other digital content
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with clients
- Ability to work collaboratively in our small team
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and/or individuals with diverse ideas, beliefs, and opinions.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating which position you are applying for in the email subject line.
The deadline for submission is May 30th for the Digital Content Creator. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.