Equal Voice is seeking an experienced development and outreach coordinator to help us deliver our mission of electing and retaining more women in Canada’s legislatures.
Who We Are:
Equal Voice (equalvoice.ca) is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada. Multi-partisanship is at the core of our work and Equal Voice brings together people from all of Canada’s political parties, united in the common goal of increasing women’s representation in politics. Equal Voice has Chapters across Canada, all supporting and preparing women to win nomination campaigns and election campaigns at all levels of government.
The Development and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for communicating, prospecting, and seeking funding from individuals to increase Equal Voice’s annual revenue. This position is based at Equal Voice’s Ottawa office; you will work an average of 35 hours per week which may include evening or weekend events. The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $55,000 depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager of Development, the Development and Outreach Coordinator will provide ongoing outreach to members, supporters, and prospects to update on Equal Voice (and Equal Voice Foundation) events, activities, and initiatives. By working collaboratively with the Manager of Development and Equal Voice team members, the Development and Outreach Coordinator will provide support in meeting and exceeding the Equal Voice Foundation’s 2022-2023 projected revenue.
- 1 – 2 years experience with fundraising
- Must have strong communication skills
- Experience working with Nation Builder considered an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Knowledge of Canadian politics
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and/or individuals with diverse ideas, beliefs, and opinions
- Capacity to interact with elected officials across the political spectrum and thrive in a multi-partisan environment
- Fully vaccinated against Covid 19. You will be expected to attend events and meetings in a wide variety of venues, many of which require Covid-19 vaccination, and full vaccination against Covid 19 will be a requirement for the successful candidate before starting work.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] The deadline for submission is October 17th, 2022, but applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as received so early applications are encouraged.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.